Fresh Linen Fragrance Oil Showcase
VINEVIDA’s Fresh Linen fragrance oil is a deliciously refreshing blend of those wonderfully crisp and clean notes that we associate with drying washing on a bright Summer’s day.
The first notes to hit you on that fresh breeze is the unmistakable scent of fresh, tart and juicy Apples. The soft, luscious scent of Orange brightens the scent profile and gives it a clean, crisp edge alongside that zingy Lemon. Reminding you of the freshness that comes with clean damp washing.
Yet, you are pulled deeper into a floral fantasy of Jasmine and Orange Blossom and finally that sensuous and alluring musk envelopes you for that last flourish of deliciousness.
This fragrance oil is one that brings its bright, clean fresh edge to any home. It will help you move your mind away from the stress of the office or screaming kids. Take yourself to a happy place on a quiet summer day, feeling the sun on your face and the wind in your hair as you peg out the washing. Making it last, to enjoy the feeling of freedom only the outdoors can bring.
The fresh, crisp vibrancy of tart Apple, zesty Orange, and zingy Lemon rises up to meet you first. They are sensuously softened with the beautiful exotic flowers of heady Jasmine and Orange Blossom. It is expertly blended with just a hint of alluring musk as the finishing flourish.
You only have to close your eyes and you can feel the grass between your toes and a breeze upon your face as you hang out the washing on a Summer’s day. It’s one that we absolutely love here at VINEVIDA.
- Top: Lemon, Orange, Apple
- Mid: Jasmine, Orange blossom
- Bottom: Musk
VINEVIDA’S Favorite Ways To Use Fresh Linen Fragrance Oil
With such a versatile fragrance oil, its uses are veritably endless and the only limit here is your imagination.
With its refreshing, crisp and zingy start, floral heart and musky finish, it is absolutely perfect for cold process soaps and for use in toiletries and beauty products.
Citrus based scents always tend to evoke images of freshness but also of childhood, transporting us back to a simpler time in our lives where things seemed less complicated.
It is a popular choice for scenting the home and makes a good starting point for creating a Signature Home Scent. You can read more about what a Signature Home Scent is and Layering Perfumes In The Home in our article. There is also a plethora of ideas and recipes to get the creative juices flowing too.
Fresh Linen fragrance oil lends itself beautifully to making scented candles and reed diffusers and can be blended easily with other fragrance oils for a scent sensation. Its intense freshness and clean finish is perfect for kitchens and bathrooms. Not to mention, areas of the house where you might welcome people into your home, such as porches and entrance halls.
Personally, I like to mix it with other fresh and clean fragrance oils, like Skyfall By Atlantis Hotel (Our Version Of) Fragrance Oil and Eucalyptus Spearmint By BBW (Our Version Of) but it also blends wonderfully with essential oils like Lemon, Jasmine and Patchouli.
We have a version of Fresh Linen fragrance oil developed especially for your cold air diffusers too. Find it here.
Creative Ways to Use and Blend Fresh Linen Fragrance Oil
Let’s step out of the box and look beyond using the fragrance oil in a diffuser. Let’s look at some creative ways that you can use Fresh Linen fragrance oil to set you apart from the crowd and put you ahead of the curve.
Beauty Ideas With Fresh Linen Fragrance Oil
Make Your Own Fresh Linen Cooling Spray
Fresh Linen Fragrance Oil is absolutely perfect for products, with a clean, fresh and crisp scent. It is well suited to products that are designed to refresh you, which is why it is perfect for a cooling spray.
Have a go at this super simple Fresh Linen Cooling Spray.
Note: IFRA category 5B and has a safety dilution recommendation of 1.90%.
Mix ½ cup or Rosewater, ¼ cup of Orange Flower Water and ¼ cup of Aloe Vera Gel. Add 1 tsp of Fresh Linen fragrance oil (Approx. 1.9% Safety Dilution Rate). Mix well together and pop into a suitable spray pump container. Label clearly with all the ingredients and don’t forget to do a 24 hour patch test before using. Avoid spraying in the eyes and take necessary precautions.
Ideas For Around The Home
There are so many ways that you can use Fresh Linen fragrance oil around the home that I am having to rein myself in. Get your own imagination fired up!
Fresh Linen Spray
I have started to use these of late. I like how it freshens your linen, especially bed linen between washes.
I also have cats, so I cannot always have my essential oil diffuser going, and when I feel the room needs a quick boost of scent, I spray a few cushions on the sofa and turn them over out of the way of the cats.
It is so simple to make that once you start making it, you will wonder why you ever bought commercial products in the first place.
Start with this: How To Make Essential Oil Room Spray (The process is the same).
If you make Fresh Linen Spray, you could safely add as much Fresh Linen fragrance oil as you would like. There are no restrictions for a spray designed for fabrics that are not intended to come into contact with the skin.
Find more ideas on How To Use Aromatherapy Around The Home. It is also packed with lots of other wonderful suggestions and ideas on how to use fragrance oils and essential oils around the home.
Our Favorite Recipes With Fresh Linen Fragrance Oil
This is where I will share my favorite recipes with Fresh Linen fragrance oil with you, some may be new to you, others more familiar.
Fresh Linen Salt Scrub For The Home
This is a brand new recipe just for you all today. I wanted to give you something that is really easy to achieve for yourself at home but is highly effective. This recipe allows you to ditch the harsh chemicals that normally come with these abrasive cleaners.
Fresh Linen fragrance oil is absolutely perfect for making this gently abrasive cleaner for your home.
It is a relatively simple project and an easy concept to follow. You will make one and wonder why you’ve never done it before. You certainly will not go back to store bought abrasives after this!
You can find more Natural Cleaning Products recipes here How To Make Natural Cleaning Products.
Given it will be rinsed off your surfaces you may think there would be no restrictions in terms of how much you can use. But you would be wrong! It falls under IFRA category 10a and has a safety dilution recommendation of 5.75%
This recipe makes about two cups of Salt Scrub
You will need:
- Measuring Cups
- Stainless steel spoon or stirrer
- Suitable lidded container for your dry mix
- 100ml Glass Bottle for your wet mix
- 1 cup of Salt
- 1 cup of Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Fresh Linen Fragrance Oil
- 3 tbsp Castile Soap
- 3 tbsp Water
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl
- Decant into a suitable container
- Mix the wet ingredients and combine thoroughly
- Decant into the 100ml bottle
- Label both containers clearly with ingredients for safety reasons
- Store together for ease of use.
How to use:
- Put 1 tbsp of dry mix in a bowl and wet to damp sand consistency with the wet mix in the bottle.
- Use this with a soft cloth, as a gently abrasive cleaner on sinks, baths, stove tops and surfaces.
- It works very well where there is baked-on food on your saucepans and cooking trays. Do not use it to clean non-stick cookware though.
- Always label these products clearly, listing all ingredients for safety reasons.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Footsie Tootsie Treatment With Fresh Linen Fragrance Oil
This is a really lovely way to give your tired feet some VIP treatment and to add a fragrance oil that is beautifully crisp and fresh, for some pampered feet and toes. It is a light but rich and moisturizing luxe cream that you can use daily, to keep your skin moisturized and in tip-top shape. Adding in essential oils, really ramps up the freshness and brings sweet relief to those tired feet.
- The IFRA maximum safety dilution rate for Fresh Linen fragrance oil in category 5A is 11.25%.
Makes 8 fl oz or 1 cup of foot luxe cream with essential oils.
You will need:
- Measuring jug
- Stainless steel spoon or stirrer
- 200ml Dark amber glass jar
- ¼ cup Rose (water) hydrosol - or you could substitute - Eucalyptus or Yarrow Hydrosols.
- You can completely substitute hydrosols for Spring Water.
- ½ cup Aqueous cream
- 2 tbsp Argan Oil
- 1 tbsp Glycerine
- 1 tsp Witch Hazel
- 1 tsp Rosehip Oil
- ½ tsp of Fresh Linen Fragrance Oil
- 10 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil (Mentha piperita)
- 10 drops of Sandalwood Amyris Essential Oil (Amyris Balsamifera)
- 10 drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oil (Eucalyptus globulus)
- Weigh out your aqueous cream or water-based cream and place it into the mixing bowl.
- Add in your carrier oil and mix well until thoroughly combined.
- In your measuring jug, measure the hydrosol/spring water.
- Add the witch hazel and glycerin into the hydrosol/spring water and mix well.
- Slowly pour a small amount of the fluid mixture into the aqueous cream base in the mixing bowl, and combine well with the spoon. Then continue to add the liquid mixture in small amounts until the desired consistency is obtained.
- If you feel it is too thick at this stage, add more spring water, and combine well until the desired consistency is reached. If it is too thin, add more Aqueous Cream.
- Add in your fragrance and essential oils carefully and stir well until thoroughly combined.
- You may find pouring this mixture from the bowl into the cleaned measuring jug to fill your jars easier.
- Lid immediately. Label and date your jars.
- Always do a 24-hour patch test on your inner elbow or wrist before applying it to your feet.
How to use:
- Do a patch test.
- Massage liberally into tired feet, ankles and lower legs.
- Avoid using a couple of hours before bedtime as it can be quite stimulating.
- Not suitable for use in the first 16 weeks of pregnancy
- Not suitable for children under 6 years of age.
- If you are diabetic or pre-diabetic or have existing health conditions, please seek advice from your specialized medical practitioner before using essential oils.
- Always do a 24-hour patch test..
Safety Using Fresh Linen Fragrance Oil
You must remember that you need to follow the IFRA safety dilutions recommendations when making products for yourself and any that you intend to give away, gift or sell.
You can find all the information that you need on the individual fragrance oil page under DOCUMENTS and then IFRA STATEMENT.
You can also use our handy calculator tool to help you work out just the right amount of fragrance oil for your preparation.
The Final Word
I hope this showcase on Fresh Linen fragrance oil has whet your appetite and given you plenty of new and creative ideas on how to use this luscious fragrance oil. It is such a versatile fragrance with those intensely crisp and vibrant notes of the tart Apple, zesty Orange and zingy Lemon. Followed by those delicious exotic floral notes of Jasmine and Orange Blossom and then deepening into that alluring Musky finish.
Have fun with it and have a go at creating your own beauty formulations and preparations and find new and exciting ways to use it around your home. However you decide to use it, I am sure it will be an absolute scent sensation.
Don’t forget that you can blend Fresh Linen fragrance oil with both other fragrance oils and essential oils. Just make sure you are mindful of your safety dilutions and you will be good to go.We hope that you enjoy the fresh, crisp and floral scent of Fresh Linen fragrance oil as much as we do here at VINEVIDA.