Spa Retreat Fragrance Oil Showcase
VINEVIDA’s Spa Retreat Fragrance oil makes you think of being enveloped in a super soft fluffy bathrobe at your favorite spa.
The scent of apples on the juice bar mingle with the Lemongrass cooler in your hand as you recline next to the pool. The air is heady with the lilacs that grow next to the open windows and fill the air with their beautiful aroma. It’s a pure moment of relaxation and utter bliss.
As you step into the sauna, the scent of cedarwood and the soft musk of Patchouli invites you to surrender into the soft, warm steam. To relax, let go and just be.
Spa Retreat fragrance oil is all about the relaxation of the Spa experience. It has that bright and delicious fresh apple start, mingled with the citrus zing ofLemongrass. The heart of the fragrance is the delightful intense floral fragrance that you expect from the lilacs but an extra unexpected twist of the Patchouli. It deepens down into the woody warmth of Cedarwood.
This fragrance oil begs you to rest a while and take a breath. You know you deserve it!
Starting off on those bright, refreshing fruit notes and deepening sensuously through the floral heart of the scent profile. It is a versatile fragrance oil with its woody and musky finish. It is one that we absolutely love here at VINEVIDA.
- Top: Apple, Lemongrass
- Mid: Lilac
- Bottom: Patchouli, Cedarwood
VINEVIDA’S Favorite Ways To Use Spa Retreat Fragrance Oil
With such a versatile fragrance oil its uses are veritably endless and the only limit here is your imagination.
With its bright, fresh, fruity and floral scent, it is absolutely perfect for cold process soaps and for using in toiletries and beauty products.
Apple scents always tend to evoke images of freshness, but also of childhood, transporting us back to simpler times. It’s great for making products designed to transport us away from ourselves and allow ourselves to be pampered and relaxed.
It is a popular choice for scenting the home and makes a good starting point for creating a Signature Home Scent. You can read more about what a Signature Home Scent is and Layering Perfumes In The Home in our article. There is also a plethora of ideas and recipes to get the creative juices flowing too.
Spa Retreat fragrance oil lends itself beautifully to making scented candles and reed diffusers and can be blended easily with other fragrance oils for a scent sensation. Its intense fruity and floral fragrance makes it perfect for dining rooms, kitchens and sitting rooms. Not to mention areas of the house where you might welcome people into your home, such as porches and entrance halls.
Personally, I like to mix it with other cool, green fragrance oils, like Cucumber Melon By BBW (Our Version Of) and Bamboo Garden but it also blends wonderfully with essential oils like Lemongrass, Grapefruit and Lemon.
We have a version of Spa Retreat fragrance oil developed especially for your cold air diffusers too. Find it here.
Creative Ways to Use and Blend Spa Retreat Fragrance Oil
Let’s step out of the box and look beyond using the fragrance oil in a diffuser. Let’s look at some creative ways that you can use Spa Retreat fragrance oil to set you apart from the crowd and put you ahead of the curve.
Beauty Ideas With Spa Retreat Fragrance Oil
Make Your Own Spa Candle
This would make a perfect addition to your bathroom for the perfect ‘Spa Day at Home’.
They also make really wonderful gifts when you can find nice candle glasses and make the effort to package them beautifully. I am always thrilled to receive a spa candle!
That freshness of the Apple and Lemongrass makes for a wonderful initial scent, deepening through with the Lilacs, Patchouli and Cedarwood to make for a very elegant and sophisticated scent sensation!
Start here - How To Make Scented Candles.
Ideas For Around the Home
There are so many ways that you can use Spa Retreat fragrance oil around the home that I am having to rein myself in. Get your imagination fired up!
Scented Linen Closet
If you are having a special spa day, prepare for the experience by scenting your linen closet so that when you pull your best big fluffy towels and your bathrobe, the scent just unfolds and envelopes you in the spa experience completely.
You can simply apply some of the fragrance oil to a paper towel, a scented sachet or a felt pad, pop them in an open zip lock bag and slide them between your linens. Do take care that the oil does not get transferred to your precious linens.
Find more ideas on How To Use Aromatherapy Around The Home. It is also packed with lots of other wonderful suggestions and ideas on how to use fragrance oils and essential oils around the home.
Our Favorite Recipes With Spa Retreat Fragrance Oil
This is where I will share some of my favorite recipes with Spa Retreat fragrance oil with you, some you may have seen before and others will be brand new just for you.
Spa Retreat Bath Scrub
This is a brand new recipe just for you all today. I wanted to give you something that is easy to achieve for yourself at home, but feels really special and luxurious to use.
- The IFRA maximum safety dilution rate for Spa Retreat fragrance oil in category 5A is 3.08%.
You will need:
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Stainless steel stirrer
- Glass jar with a non-reactive lid - Glass preserving jars with rubber seals are perfect.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly with a spoon, ensuring all the salt is finely covered in the oil.
- Once combined, carefully add your drops of fragrance oil, and then thoroughly mix and combine again.
- This recipe will store for at least six months if kept in the dark at a consistent and ambient temperature. The only thing that will go 'off' is if the carrier oil turns rancid, which you will smell as soon as you open the jar. If that happens, simply discard and make a new batch.
- Label clearly with all ingredients for safety reasons
- Perform a 24 hour patch test before using.
How to use:
- You can rub this into your skin to exfoliate, or you can just let it dissolve into the bathwater, you need to take great care getting in and out of the bath as it will be slippery with the oil.
- You can use it directly on the body, massage it into the skin, avoid the eye area and intimate areas. Rinse well.
- Always do a 24 hour patch test.
- Take care getting in and out of a bath where you have used this product. Use safety rails and non slip bath mats where available.
Scented Linen Sachet
VINEVIDA’s range of fragrance oils are perfect for this project and none more so than Spa Retreats fragrance oil.
These are perfect for your linen closet, lingerie drawers and for popping into your shoes or handbags for storage.
You will need:
- A selection of fabric
- A sewing kit and scissors
- Hanging ribbon
- Cotton wool or wadding
- Spa Retreat Fragrance Oil
- Cut out two matching pieces of fabric for your chosen sachet. I suggest a size of 10 x 14 cm to suit a variety of uses.
- Put the wrong sides of the fabric together and pin together.
- Slot in the hanging ribbon at the top of the sachet, so it can be sewn through to secure it in place.
- Leaving half of the bottom edge free, tack lightly with sewing cotton in a bold colored thread, (so you can see it to remove it later).
- Making neat, even stitches, sew the two pieces of fabric together, leaving half of the bottom edge unsewn. Making sure that you have caught the hanging ribbon securely in place.
- Add a button and buttonhole, press stud or a tucked flap as a closure.
- Clip the corners to reduce bulk.
- Turn the fabric so the right side of the fabric shows and press with a flat iron.
- Stuff halfway with cotton wool or wadding and add a few drops of fragrance oil.
- Stuff the rest of the sachet
- Close with your chosen closure
- Refresh as needed by removing the bottom portion of cotton/wadding, applying fragrance oils and then replacing.
- After a few months completely replace the cotton/wadding for new, to help keep the scent fresh and vibrant.
Safety Using Spa Retreat Fragrance Oil
You must remember that you need to follow the IFRA safety dilutions recommendations when making products for yourself and any that you intend to give away, gift or sell.
You can find all the information that you need on the individual fragrance oil page under DOCUMENTS and then IFRA STATEMENT.
You can also use our handy calculator tool to help you work out just the right amount of fragrance oil for your preparation.
The Final Word
I hope this showcase on Spa Retreat fragrance oil has whet your appetite and given you plenty of new and creative ideas on how to use this luscious fragrance oil. It is such a versatile fragrance with that intensely fresh and fruity introduction of Apples and Lemongrass, followed by those delicious floral notes of Lilac blossoms and then deepening into comforting Cedarwood and Patchouli.
Have fun with it and have a go at creating your own beauty formulations and preparations and find new and exciting ways to use it around your home. However you decide to use it, I am sure it will be an absolute scent sensation.
Don’t forget that you can blend Spa Retreat fragrance oil with both other fragrance oils and essential oils. Just make sure you are mindful of your safety dilutions and you will be good to go.
We hope that you enjoy Spa Retreat fragrance oil as much as we do here at VINEVIDA.