Organic Rosemary Essential Oil: Uses, Benefits, and Blends
Go for a walk in an enchanted forest with the energizing, woodsy aroma of organic rosemary essential oil. Its sweet, herbaceous fragrance is perfect for soaps, candles, shampoos, conditioners, and other cosmetics. Plus, it is one of the best essential oils for focus and concentration, so put a few drops in your diffuser and get ready to get down to business!
Native to the Mediterranean region, rosemary is an evergreen shrub that belongs to the mint family. Its needle-like leaves give off its trademark herbaceous aroma, and it can flower in many different colors. It is also capable of growing in cooler environments, as well as sustaining drought. The first mentions of rosemary appear all the way back in 5000 BCE, though not much is known except that Egyptians used it in their burial ceremonies. Today, rosemary the herb is popular for culinary uses, while you will see organic rosemary essential oil in incense, perfumes, cleaning products, and cosmetics such as shampoo and conditioners.
Organic Rosemary Essential Oil Benefits: Component Breakdown
- 1,8 Cineole: Cineole/eucalyptol is a monoterpenoid. While it makes up around 90% of eucalyptus essential oil, it hovers more around the 45-50% mark in rosemary, though still the majority constituent. It is common in OTC medications that act as cough suppressants, or to help ease breathing and airways. Preliminary research tells us that 1,8 cineole can also have a positive effect on cognitive function, meaning it may be able to help improve memory and accuracy.
- a-Pinene: One of two isomers of pinene, alpha-pinene is a terpene. It is one of the most common terpenes, and you will see it as a component in many coniferous trees. Research indicates that a-pinene is an effective anti-inflammatory agent and that it also may be an antibacterial. You will also commonly see it in solvents.
- Camphene: Camphene is a monoterpene with a very pungent aroma. It is a common perfume and flavoring ingredient, with the characteristic fragrance of camphor. It can also be used to make synthetic camphor.
- Camphor: Camphor is a terpene. You will often see it in ointments to relieve itching and pain, as it contains antibacterial and antifungal properties. Camphor is also a very popular cough suppressant, and you can use it to ease congestion.
Organic Rosemary Essential Oil Uses: For Wholesale Purposes
Organic Rosemary Essential Oil for Hair
Rosemary is well known for being able to improve circulation. Circulation is important when it comes to promoting hair growth, due to the role of hair follicles. Your hair follicles need a certain amount of blood flow to receive the vitamins and nutrients they need to grow thick, healthy hair. By adding rosemary essential oil to hair products or even creating your own hair mask you can encourage blood flow to the scalp and follicles.
Fans of aromatherapy enjoy using organic rosemary essential oil not just for its fresh, vibrant aroma, but for the physical benefits it can offer. Small studies indicate that rosemary can help stimulate the brain, improving memory and concentration. Further studies show promising results in terms of rosemary being able to reduce feelings of stress.
The Art of Soap Making
Rosemary is a favorite when it comes to artisan soap making, due to its energizing fragrance. It’s both sweet and spicy at the same time, with that hint of the great outdoors. It also combines well with other oils, such as lavender, mint, lemon, sweet orange, or grapefruit, in particular.
Organic Rosemary Essential Oil Blends: Best Suitable Oils
Rosemary is one of the easiest essential oils to add to a blend, as it pairs well with so many other fragrances! Here are a few of our diffuser blends:
Energize the Soul:
- Rosemary Essential Oil x 2 Drops
- Lime Essential Oil x 2 Drops
- Grapefruit Essential Oil x 2 Drops
- Balsam Fir Essential Oil x 2 Drops
Stay Calm, Move On:
- Rosemary Essential Oil x 2 Drops
- Peppermint Essential Oil x 3 Drops
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil x 2 Drops
- Lemon Essential Oil x 2 Drops
Anyone with underlying conditions or taking medication should consult a medical health professional before using organic rosemary essential oil. Never ingest this oil, and if you do wish to apply rosemary oil to the skin, it needs to be diluted first. The standard recommendation is 15-20 drops per ounce of carrier oil, for an adult without sensitive skin. As some people can have skin irritation when using rosemary we recommend starting off with less, and slowly adding more as you feel comfortable. Always keep essential oils away from pets and small children.
Most people love the minty, herbaceous aroma of fresh rosemary. It is even more aromatic in the oil form, making organic rosemary essential oil a favorite addition to soaps, candles, cosmetics, and other products. Rosemary oil can help increase blood flow, stimulating the mind and even promoting the growth of thicker, longer hair. We recommend diffusing rosemary oil while at work or studying, for an extra dose of motivation and concentration.
Nice scent, woodsy
Loving Vinevida essential oils
I am loving the Vinevida essential oils. They are really potent and the fact they are organic makes it a plus. I loved the fast processing and shipping of my order with free shipping. I personally don’t like ordering essential oils off EBay or Amazon, so I went online directly to the company website. Same prices and free shipping. The prices are reasonable for organic oils. I have ordered essential oils from other companies and pay shipping charges that are outrageously high. I did the paper test of each essential oil and they were fine. I use them in soaps and topical salves and lotions. I will definitely order again and also refer friends.
As we all know, finding good sources for essential oils can be hit and miss. I decided to try Vinevida and I now have my source for essential oil purchases. I purchased this Rosemary oil and 4 others and they were all exceptional. The packaging and shipping speed was top notch also.
The quality of is incomparable!!! Great value I will keep using them Really recommend Vinavida products