Garden Sweet Pea Fragrance Oil Showcase
VINEVIDA’s Garden Sweet Pea Fragrance oil makes you think of walking idly through your whimsical summer garden. You come upon a wigwam made of fresh Garden Sweet Peas.
The warmth of the breeze and the touch of the sun intensify the floral fragrance of the Sweet Peas, and the nearby Peach and Pears trees join in the merry fragrant dance. Yet it is the darker, more mysterious depths of rosewood that finishes this dance with a flourish like no other.
Garden Sweet Pea Fragrance Oil is all about the wonderful summer Sweet Peas but with a surprising twist added in. It has that delicious and delightful intense floral fragrance that you expect, but with an extra twist of unexpected fruit blossoms. It deepens down into sensuous Rosewood and wraps you heartily in its fragrant embrace.
Starting off on those refreshing light notes and deepening sensuously through the scent profile it is a versatile fragrance oil and it’s one that we absolutely love here at VINEVIDA.
- Top: Sweet Pea, Floral
- Mid: Peach, Pear
- Bottom: Rosewood
VINEVIDA’S Favorite Ways To Use Garden Sweet Pea Fragrance Oil
With such a versatile fragrance oil its uses are veritably endless and the only limit here is your imagination.
With its fresh floral Sweet Pea and blossom scent, it is absolutely perfect for cold process soaps and for using in toiletries and beauty products.
Sweet peas always evoke that summer garden and childhood memories for some. It is great for making products to be used throughout the summer months but also at Christmas and the colder times of the year when we need to be immersed in the beauty of summer once more.
It is a popular choice for scenting the home and makes a good starting point for creating a Signature Home Scent. You can read more about what a Signature Home Scent is and Layering Perfumes In The Home in our article. There is also a plethora of ideas and recipes to get the creative juices flowing too.
Garden Sweet Pea fragrance oil lends itself beautifully to making scented candles and reed diffusers and can be blended easily with other fragrance oils for a scent sensation. Its intense floral fragrance makes it perfect for bedrooms and sitting rooms. Not to mention areas of the house where you might welcome people into your home, such as porches and entrance halls.
Personally, I like to mix it with citrus, green and woody fragrance oils, like Lemon Verbena and Cedarwood and Amber but it also blends wonderfully with essential oils and Absolutes like Cardamom, Grapefruit and Lemon.
We have a version of Garden Sweet Pea fragrance oil developed especially for your cold air diffusers too. Find it here.
Creative Ways to Use and Blend Garden Sweet Pea Fragrance Oil
Let’s step out of the box and look beyond soaps, candles and using the fragrance oil in a diffuser. Let’s look at some creative ways that you can use Garden Sweet Pea fragrance oil to set you apart from the crowd and put you ahead of the curve.
Beauty Ideas With Garden Sweet Pea Fragrance Oil
Make Your Own Summer Inspired Salt Soak
This would make a perfect gift for when the nights have drawn in, the weather is a bit on the colder side and we need reminding of the beauty and fragrances of the summer.
It can be a quick and simple recipe to bring together and it can be done fairly cheaply too. You can make a small amount go quite a long way. It’s perfect for gift giving on a budget.
Paying attention to the quality of your Salt Soak AND your presentation is key. It will set you apart from others and people will love to receive them. I always find that people love my presentation so much that they often don’t want to use the product. I always encourage them to indulge, it's half the fun!
Have a go at these super simple recipes and make a few gifts ready for Christmas. It’s a fun project to get the kids involved in too.
Ideas For Around the Home
There are so many ways that you can use Garden Sweet Pea fragrance oil around the home that I am having to edit myself. Use your imagination for new and exciting projects.
Room sprays are beautifully versatile products to make for yourself. You can perfectly tailor a different fragrance for every room in the house.
They are great to use with your Signature Home Scent, either as the signature scent itself, or just some of the complementary notes, to underpin and support the main fragrance, as you layer it around your home.
Find out more about how to develop your Signature Home Scent in How To Use Aromatherapy Around The Home. It is also packed with lots of other wonderful suggestions and ideas on how to use fragrance oils and essential oils around the home.
Room Spray is so simple to make, that once you start making it, you will wonder why you ever bought commercial products in the first place.
Start with this: How To Make Essential Oil Room Spray.
Our Favorite Recipes With Garden Sweet Pea Fragrance Oil
This is where I will share some of my favorites recipes with Garden Sweet Pea fragrance oil with you, some you may have seen before and others will be brand new just for you.
Summer Nights Body Oil
This is a brand new recipe just for you all today. I wanted to give you something that is easy to achieve for yourself at home, but feels really special and luxurious to use.
Summer Nights Body Oil can be used as a body oil, massage oil or even a bath oil. Use it in a way that best suits you. I like to use it after a bath to lock moisture in and boost the hydration levels in my skin. (And yes, it IS obligatory to sing the version from the movie soundtrack of Grease while you are using it).
- The IFRA maximum safety dilution rate for Garden Sweet Pea fragrance oil in category 5A is 11.25%. Which means in 100ml of this product you can use up to 10.84 ml. We are using approximately 1.5 ml in this recipe.
- The IFRA maximum safety dilution rate for Cedarwood and Amber fragrance oil in category 5A is 7.62%. Which means in 100ml of this product you can use up to 7.34 ml. We are using approximately 0.5 ml in this recipe.
You will need:
- Measuring jug
- Stainless steel stirrer
- 100ml /3.38 fl oz Dark Glass Amber Bottle with tight fitting cap (or a decorative bottle).
Optional: Dispersant like Polysorbate 20 or 80.
- If you are using dispersant, follow your manufacturer's guidelines and note where in the process you need to add it and how much.
- Carefully measure and mix all of your ingredients together, until well combined
- Using a funnel decant into your bottle. A dark amber bottle will help the oils last longer by reducing their exposure to light.
- Label clearly with all ingredients for safety reasons
- Perform a 24 hour patch test before using.
How to use:
- You can pour 1 tsp of this oil into a running bath, take great care getting in and out of the bath as it will be slippery.
- You can use it directly on the body, massage it into the skin, avoid the eye area and intimate areas.
- Always do a 24 hour patch test.
- Take care getting in and out of a bath where you have used this product. Use safety rails and non slip bath mats where available.
- If you apply it to your feet, wear socks until it is fully absorbed, to avoid slips and falls.
Scented Silk Flower Vase
VINEVIDA’s range of fragrance oils are perfect for this project and none more so than Garden Sweet Peas fragrance oil.
Silk flowers have come a long way since the floppy bedraggled silks of the 1970’s, we seem to have found our groove with them again and are able to produce incredibly lifelike specimens. The Victorian ladies would have fawned over what is on offer today for their stylish hats and corsages.
However, it is only a recent trend that consumers are wanting a matching scent to go with their silk flower displays.
Imagine a small crystal vase on your bed stand filled with delicate silk Sweet Peas, all you need to do to add the final layer of realism is drop a couple of drops of Garden Sweet Pea fragrance oil on the lower most leaves or flowers. This will complete the illusion and fill your space with its gorgeous scent.
You will need:
- A vase of your choice
- A selection of silk flowers - Sweet Peas would of course be perfect!
- Garden Sweet Pea Fragrance Oil
- Protect your workspace with a clean, dry cloth. (Avoid newspaper because you don’t want to inadvertently transfer any ink or newsprint to your flower stems).
- Take each separate stem of silk flower and gauge for size in relation to the vase, trim if necessary and remove any excess lower leaves if appropriate.
- Bear in mind that the oil is likely to mark and stain your silk flower/leaf in some way, so try and place your drops in a place as inconspicuous as possible.
- Place one drop of Garden Sweet Pea fragrance oil on the lower leaf or flower of each stem.
- If it is just a large flower, hide the droplet underneath the flower or deep into the heart of the flower, bear in mind it might spread and bleed.
- Be cautious not to drop any fragrance oil onto varnished, painted or finished surfaces as it may mark or stain.
- Place your vase on a coaster or linen mat in its final display position.
- Refresh with fragrance oil as needed, try and do it in the same place as you did last time to reduce staining. Also make sure you have a protective cloth underneath to protect your precious surfaces.
Safety Using Garden Sweet Pea Fragrance Oil
You must remember that you need to follow the IFRA safety dilutions recommendations when making products for yourself and any that you intend to give away, gift or sell.
You can find all the information that you need on the individual fragrance oil page under DOCUMENTS and then IFRA STATEMENT.
You can also use our handy calculator tool to help you work out just the right amount of fragrance oil for your preparation.
The Final Word
I hope this showcase on Garden Sweet Pea fragrance oil has whet your appetite and given you plenty of new and creative ideas on how to use this luscious fragrance oil. It is such a versatile fragrance with that intense floral introduction, followed by those delicious fruit blossoms and then deepening into mysterious rosewood.
Have fun with it and have a go at creating your own beauty formulations and preparations and find new and exciting ways to use it around your home. However you decide to use it, I am sure it will be an absolute scent sensation.
Don’t forget that you can blend Garden Sweet Pea fragrance oil with both other fragrance oils and essential oils. Just make sure you are mindful of your safety dilutions and you will be good to go.
We hope that you enjoy Garden Sweet Pea fragrance oil as much as we do here at VINEVIDA.