Maple Syrup Fragrance Oil Showcase
Maple Syrup is an evocative fragrance oil. Immersing you in the sweet distinctive fragrance of the syrup itself, it’s finely laced with the warmth and deliciousness of brown sugared Rum. Finally, Vanilla slides in with that smooth, creamy finish that you would expect from the best Maple Syrups.
Maybe you are lucky enough to collect your own Maple Syrup in the cold and frosty Spring and boil it down with care and attention until you have the delicious amber nectar that is Maple Syrup itself.
All you need is a pile of soft, pillowy pancakes and a wooly blanket for pure bliss. Let this evocative and delicious scent remind you to kick back, relax, and maybe indulge yourself a little.
Maple Syrup invites you into its delicious aroma. The unmistakably distinctive smell of Maple Syrup itself, with the warm, heady scent of brown sugar Rum and smooth, creamy Vanilla finishes the scent profile masterfully.
Sweet, but not too sweet, youthful, but not childish, delicious, and with no calories. What’s not to love?
Curl up with a huge, toppling stack of pillowy pancakes. Grab your favorite blanket and curl up in front of your favorite movie and r-el-a-x. It’s a fragrance oil loved here at VINEVIDA for kicking back with.
- Top: Maple syrup
- Mid: Rum
- Bottom: Vanilla
VINEVIDA’S Favorite Ways To Use Maple Syrup Fragrance Oil
Maple Syrup is one scent you can bring to mind readily, filling you with happiness and joy, transporting you both to the past and the present simultaneously.
It is a heartwarming fragrance oil that inspires you to have fun with it. With its warm Maple Syrup introduction, the heart of brown sugared Rum, and that smooth Vanilla finish. I find it makes really beautiful cold process soaps and shower gels. It can be beautifully blended with spices and wood for a more masculine finish. Equally, add some deeper florals like Ylang Ylang for a more feminine finish.
With its warming scent notes it is suitable for scenting most of the spaces in the home. It is wonderfully suited to the kitchen diner and dining rooms over the Holiday season. You could use it as the base for creating a Signature Home Scent. Discover more about Signature Home Scents, in our article Layering Perfumes In The Home.
Maple Syrup Fragrance Oil is a great choice for making wax melts, scented candles, and reed diffusers. It can also be used in all types of candle burners.
Maple Syrup fragrance oil is one that you can easily blend with our other fragrance oils and essential oils for a real sensation. Its warm, creamy, comforting scent is perfect for busy rooms in the home like the den, hallways, and kitchen.
I like mixing it with floral and woody fragrances for an incredible sensation. Try blending it with NO. 1002 Inspired By: Black Velvet & Edition Hotel and Our Version Of Baies By Diptyque but it also blends wonderfully with essential oils like Cardamom, Ylang Ylang, and Ginger.
Creative Ways To Use And Blend Maple Syrup Fragrance Oil
Join me and explore some new and exciting ideas for using Maple Syrup fragrance oil.
Given that the Holidays are right around the corner, why not have some fun and spend a couple of fun hours and make a few extra decorations or gifts?
Body Lotion With Maple Syrup Fragrance Oil
Adding fragrance oil to a plain Body Lotion base is a quick and easy way of making Holiday gifts. It can be cost-effective too, especially if you buy your base and bottles in bulk.
This project would fall in IFRA category 5a which has safety recommendations of using no more than 32.00% in your preparation.
This means in 100ml of Body Lotion you can use up to 32 ml of Maple Syrup fragrance oil. That is a LOT, you certainly will NOT need to use that much and I recommend trying 3% or 3 ml and going from there.
You can simply mix it straight into your Body Lotion base. Decant into bottles and labels for safety.
Use the VINEVIDA calculator to help you work out exactly how much you need for your given projects.
Health and Beauty Ideas
Heat Bag for Aches and Pains With Maple Syrup Fragrance Oil
Heat bags are super simple to make yourself and you don’t even need a sewing machine.
If you pop a little pocket into the pattern you can slide in a cotton pad dampened with Maple Syrup fragrance oil and simply refresh or replace it with another fragrance or essential oil.
Heat bags are wonderful for those aches and pains that just need a little warmth and TLC and I can’t recommend them highly enough for those stiff, cold, and painful joints.
Maple Syrup Fragrance Oil in IFRA category 12 has no safety dilution restrictions.
A Bee in My Bonnet - has a lovely tutorial that is quick and simple to put together. They make great gifts.
Our Favorite Recipe With Maple Syrup Fragrance Oil
Vinevida Fragrance Oils are perfect for creating a wide variety of exciting projects. This week, we have the delicious and comforting Maple Syrup Fragrance Oil. Join me, as we make a quick and easy idea that is perfect as a last-minute Holiday gift too.
We will make a Luxury Hand Cream, smooth, rich, and divine. Take advantage of combining Maple Syrup fragrance oils with essential oils for an experience like no other. We will choose essential oils to protect your precious skin at this time of year and blend beautifully with your fragrance oil.
Luxury Hand Cream with Maple Syrup Fragrance Oil
Give your hardworking hands some truly well-deserved TLC this winter. Treat yourself to this Luxury Hand Cream with Maple Syrup fragrance oil. It is well worth making a few extra for Holiday gifts that are sure to be well received.
Thick and rich, nourishing and protective and it smells simply delicious.
This recipe makes 500ml /16.9 fl oz of Luxury Hand Cream with Maple Syrup fragrance oil.
You will need:
- Double boiler
- Digital scale
- Electric hand whisk
- Measuring jugs and cups
- Stainless steel spoon/stirrer
- Silicone spatula
- Small glass jars and lids
Butter and Waxes
- 3 tbsp of Beeswax
- 1.5 tbsp of Mango Butter
- 1/2 tbsp of Shea Butter
- 50 ml of Rosewater
- 1 tbsp Glycerine
- 1 tbsp of Honey
- 300 ml of Aqueous Cream Base
- 5 Vitamin E capsules
Fragrance oil and essential oil blend.
- Preservative of your choice.
- Kaolin Clay Powder
- Do not use this in the first 16 weeks of pregnancy.
- Maple Syrup Fragrance Oil in IFRA category 5C has safety dilution restrictions of up to 17% for this volume of product.
A couple of notes before we begin:
- Please make sure that you follow this precisely. Otherwise, you will have a rather lumpy outcome.
- Read your manufacturer's instructions on when to add your preservative (optional) and how much you should add and note in the process, the best place to do this.
Melting the Butter and Waxes
- You want to heat your butter as little as possible, so when you set up your double boiler, make sure the base of the double boiler is not touching the water below.
- Set a double boiler over a low to medium heat, to mitigate the risk of scorching or burning your precious butters.
- First, add the beeswax into the warmed double boiler. Allow it to melt slowly. Patience is a virtue here. Stir to help the process along if you feel itchy.
- Then, it is time to add the harder Mango butter, once it has half melted, add the softer Shea Butter.
- As soon as the Shea Butter is half melted, add the solid Coconut carrier oil.
- The moment everything has melted and is fluid, remove it from the heat.
- Then pour it carefully into a bowl that you can fit in the fridge.
Cooling and Prepping
- Place the bowl with the butter and wax in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes.
- You want it at the point where it is just starting to solidify again but is not solid.
- While the bowl is in the fridge and you are waiting for the wax and butter, measure out the rest of your carrier oils and ingredients and have them ready to hand.
- As soon as the wax and butter have started to solidify, remove them from the fridge.
- Decant the mixture into a large mixing bowl. The bigger the bowl the better, don’t try squeezing it into a small bowl.
- Use a flexible, silicone spatula to help you get every last glorious and luxurious morsel out of the bowl.
Mixing and Whisking
- Very slowly, begin to whisk the contents of the bowl. As you do, start by adding the carrier oils, in a very slow stream.
- Be sure to give them time to become incorporated, before adding any more.
- Add in the Glycerine and the Honey until it is thoroughly combined.
- Take the Vitamin E Capsules, peirce them squeeze the contents into the bowl, and mix well. If you make products regularly you may just have a bottle of pure Vitamin E oil, just use that as an alternative, if you have it.
- This is where you need some caution and care. Exceptionally slowly, start to add the Aqueous Cream base. Do this by adding a small dollop at a time and then whisk it thoroughly. Keep adding small dollops of Aqueous Cream until you have combined all of it into the mix.
- All of your ingredients should now be fully incorporated, if you’re not sure, give it another good whisk.
Checking The Skin Feel
- This is the best time to check the ‘skin feel’ of your Luxury Hand Cream, try it out.
- Does your Hand Cream feel slightly grainy or lumpy? This can be tiny lumps of wax or butter. To resolve it, you can try mixing it more thoroughly with a stronger whisk or machine. However, those little lumps of butter or wax will soon disappear as you rub them into your skin. I think of them like ‘magic pearls’ of extra goodness and nourishment.
- If the ‘skin feel’ of the Hand Cream is a bit too oily for you, add small amounts of Kaolin Clay Powder until it reaches your desired consistency. Mixing it to a thin paste with Rosewater helps it incorporate better.
- If the Hand Cream feels too thick for you, add more Rosewater, or water.
- If the Hand Cream feels too thin, (it really shouldn’t) try mixing in more hard butter, like Mango Butter.
Adding The Oils Blend
- Now you are ready to add your fragrance and essential oil blend.
- Measure out your oils carefully, and then mix them in until they are thoroughly combined and beautifully fragrant.
- Decant carefully into your chosen jars.
- Clean the rims carefully, to reduce the chances of molding.
- Allow the product to cool fully (cover with a clean cloth) and then lid tightly - If you ignore me and do it anyway, chances are they will just go moldy!
- Label them clearly, listing all ingredients and dates for safety reasons.
How to Use:
- Carry out a 24- 48 hour patch test before use.
- This is such a beautifully nourishing and rich cream. It is such a real treat for your hands.
- Because it is so rich, we don’t recommend using it more than a couple of times a day.
- My pots of this don’t last five minutes as I use it for many things. To soften my hands after being in the garden or washing up. Soothing my dry skin and combatting cracked heels too.
- You can happily slather it on, just keep away from intimate areas.
- Store in a cool, dry place at an ambient temperature.
- Use within 6 months.
Safety Using Maple Syrup Fragrance Oil
Always follow the IFRA safety dilution recommendations when you are creating these projects. They are specifically designed to keep you and your family safe.
It is vitally important that you follow these guidelines when you make any products for yourself or friends & family. Especially to those that you intend to gift or give away as well.
All the safety information you need is on our website. Simply click over to the individual fragrance oil’s webpage, and find the link labeled DOCUMENTS. Then click on IFRA STATEMENT and there, you will find all the safety data you need to make a variety of exciting projects.
The Vinevida calculator tool is so useful and makes working out an absolute doddle. It will work out the exact amount of fragrance or essential oil for your chosen project. Using this nifty tool will help you to have confidence and be assured that you are within the safety guidelines, every single time.
The Final Word
It’s always good fun to explore a new fragrance oil and Maple Syrup Fragrance Oil certainly did not disappoint.
Hopefully, you will see how easily it can be put to work to make quick, easy, and simple, but also deeply luxurious, Holiday gifts.
Immerse yourself in the warm and comforting fragrance of Maple Syrup. Kick back with a blanket in front of the fire and enjoy the unmistakably distinctive smell of Maple Syrup itself, with the warm, heady scent of brown sugar Rum and the final flourish of smooth, creamy Vanilla.
While it has sweet notes it is not cloyingly so. It is delightfully youthful but not childish. It’s simply perfect.
Curl up in front of your favorite movie, with your favorite blanket and relax. Tuck into a fragrant and toppling stack of soft, warm, and pillowy pancakes and just kick back.
I hope that this seasonal showcase gives you plenty of ideas on how to use this comforting and relaxing fragrance oil, please do have a go at creating your exciting ideas.
We love to see what you create and make with VV products. Why not share your photos, hints, and tips in our Vinevida Facebook Group. I cannot wait to see all your delicious and gorgeous Maple Syrup creations.
Maple Syrup Fragrance Oil is a good choice to blend with other fragrance oils and essential oils. It has such a great heart and body to build a round and it is one of the easier places to start. Have a go and make your own unique and individual fragrances to scent your home. I am sure, whatever you create, it will be an absolute sensation.
Remember to work within the recommended IFRA safety dilutions. It sets good working practices and standards and I assure you, it will always serve you well. Of course, if you get stuck, you can use the VINEVIDA calculator to help you.
I have loved working with the delicious and comforting Maple Syrup Fragrance Oil with the unmistakably distinctive and sweet smell of Maple Syrup itself, with the warm, heady scent of brown sugar Rum and smooth, creamy Vanilla finish.
You won’t be able to help yourself loving it just as much as we do here at VINEVIDA.